Critical care has emerged as a very important subspecialty, with people living longer and new illnesses emerging. These illnesses are more complex and difficult to treat, and hence the need for dedicated centers with advanced facilities and personnel who excel in this field. The Critical Care Department is a centre of excellence.
The planning, infrastructure and equipment include -
- Advance air filtration system.
- Positive & Negative pressure isolation rooms.
- Advanced ventilators for optimal patient ventilator synchrony.
- Latest machines such as IABP / Advanced Modular Monitors & Workstations. Monitors with up to 48 hrs memory.
- Fully computerized drug indenting system.
- Fully computerized laboratory & radiological systems, so that investigations & imaging can be viewed online in ICU.
- Eight ICU beds with dialysis facility